What is a Poem, the PSA.
- Q. Oh what sayeth the Lord(ess)? What might a poem be?
- Might it be prose yet sweeter, with rhyme and strict meter?
- Might it be words upon paper, shaped like a tree?
- Might it alliterate like maybe pickles 'n peter?
- Might it assonate like bats and cravats?
- Might she personify and curtsy and say "Hi?"
- Oh Lord(ess) please hear our pleas for clarity
- We can't stand all this mystery
- A. Stop it. And your rhythm's off anyway, you twit.
This message has been brought to you by the Evangelical Church of Non-Rhyming Poets of America, Reformed.
© Dr. Wes Browning's Home Page